Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
Wauwatosa, WI 1956
Though Wright’s design represents a distinct departure from traditional Byzantine church architecture, he retained the concept of a domed space and incorporated the symbols of the Greek Orthodox faith in this plan. Four equidistant, reinforced concrete piers support the structure. The lower-level space accommodates 240 congregants. Circular staircases lead to additional seating for 560 above. The sanctuary has no interior supports to obstruct the view of the parishioners, and no one sits more than sixty feet from the sacristy. Construction began five weeks after Wright’s death. The church maintains weekly services that are open to the public.
For more information:annunciationwi.org