Como Orchard Cottages
Darby, MT 1909
Wright’s Como Orchard (1909) was designed as a summer colony for University of Chicago professors with a two-story clubhouse at its center and cabins of three different sizes spreading out. The clubhouse and most of the cottages were demolished between 1930-45, but two remaining Wright-designed cottages still exist as part of Alpine Meadows Ranch. A one-room cottage serves as the manager’s office while the three-bedroom cottage is available for overnight stays.
For more information:amrmontana.com