Edward and Florence Irving House
Decatur, IL 1909
The Edward P. Irving House, located at 2 Millikin Place in Decatur, Illinois, was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1909. Constructed of brick and plaster and situated on a .98 acre flat lot with a porte cochere entrance, parking court and separate three-car heated garage. It sits on a private lane beside two other fine Prairie school residences. The two-story 5,564-square-foot house features six bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, including maid’s quarters. The entrance foyer has a built-in grandfather clock with leaded glass door. The dining room area is fitted with an oak built-in sideboard and china closets with leaded glass panels. Of special note are the glass steps leading to the attic which allow natural light to come through the skylight in the ceiling below. The house has in-ground 15’ x 30’ swimming pool with a patio surround. The new landscaping has a Prairie influence. Updates include a new $96,000 roof, redone hardwood floors and screened porch, new kitchen appliances and granite countertops, and new library cabinet doors with custom leaded glass inserts. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. A copy of the original blue prints dated February 1910 is included with the sale.