Geneva, IL 1907
This 6,000-square-foot house contrasts with Wright’s typical Prairie-period work. Incorporated into the cruciform plan is an earlier L-shaped structure, which probably dictated the clapboard siding and gable roof used in the construction. The shape of the roof is reflected in the second-story windows and the polygonal motif on the concrete piers. Wright added a two-story bedroom wing to the south, upper- and lower-level porches to the east, three verandas and a courtyard screen fence. Since 1940 the home and 350-acre estate have been owned by the Forest Preserve District of Kane County.
For more information:ppfv.org/fabyan-villa-museum