Frank Lloyd Wright/Aaron Green San Francisco Office Reconstruction
Erie, PA 1951
The field office where Frank Lloyd Wright worked with his associate Aaron Green was originally located on the second floor of a four-story building at 319 Grant Street in San Francisco, and Wright used it while working on his numerous projects in northern California, culminating in the Marin County Civic Center, Wright’s largest commission and only public building at that time.
The office opened in 1951 and Wright used it until his death in 1959. Aaron Green continued to use the space for his own office and as headquarters for the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation through 1988. At that time, it was disassembled and sold to a collector. It later spent years in the Heinz Architectural Center at the Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh before finding a home at the Hagen History Center in Erie, Pennsylvania, in 2021.
For more information:eriehistory.org/visit/mansion-exhibits/frank-lloyd-wright