Kirkwood, MO 1950
This Usonian house is known for its complex geometry, dominated by 60/120-degree parallelogram forms. One enters from the carport into a corridor that runs the full length of the building. The expansive central living and dining area opens off the corridor with a workspace adjacent. At the north end of the house are three bedrooms and a study; an artist’s studio is at the opposite end. A series of doors lead out onto a large prow-shaped terrace. Original owner Russell Kraus, a stained glass artist, added stained glass to the doors. All of the original Wright-designed furnishings have been retained. In 2001, the Frank Lloyd Wright House in Ebsworth Park purchased the house and grounds to ensure their preservation and restoration.
For more information:ebsworthpark.org