Wyoming Valley School Cultural Arts Center
Spring Green, WI 1956
In honor of his mother, Anna Lloyd-Jones Wright, who had been a kindergarten teacher, Wright donated his design for this schoolhouse and land a few miles from Taliesin to the Wyoming School District. The building was derived from Wright’s unbuilt 1926 Kindersymphonies project for Oak Park. The schoolhouse consists of two classrooms, an auditorium, a kitchen and a teachers’ room. The main assembly room contains a central fireplace on a raised stage and a band of clerestory windows at the top. The school opened in 1958 and closed in 1990. In 2010 it was donated to the nonprofit Wyoming Valley School, Inc. and converted into an educational center offering arts and cultural workshops, performances and lectures.
For more information:wyomingvalleyschool.net