We’re looking for dedicated, skilled individuals to assist with member and donor cultivation and special events. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with member renewal communications and membership/contribution acknowledgment letters
- Entering donations received by mail in Excel
- Preparing bulk mailings
- Preparing correspondence and event materials
- Assisting with the annual auction, specifically the organization of items, and receipt letters for donors and buyers
- Providing support for special fundraising events
- Other duties commensurate with experience
- Basic computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Problem-solving ability
- Personable manner
- Strong communication skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (received both doses of an accepted 2-dose vaccine series)
- Interest in historic preservation and architecture a plus
Location: Volunteers work in our office in the historic Monadnock Building in downtown Chicago, and at our annual conference in October, also in Chicago in 2022. Future event volunteer work TBD as events in 2023 and beyond will be held in cities across the country.
Schedule: This is a weekly, ongoing commitment. Days and hours are negotiable.
Support and supervision: Training is provided, and staff is always available for questions and assistance.
Posted August 23, 2022