Wright Virtual Visits 2.0
This page archives the second phase of Wright Virtual Visits (August 2020-September 2021). Click here to access the first phase (April-July 2020). A third phase was launched in January 2022 – click here for Wright Virtual Visits 2022.
On one Thursday each month, two Frank Lloyd Wright sites will be paired up to go live for a unique tour on Facebook. The sites will focus on a particular theme, comparing and contrasting how that theme is expressed in Wright’s design at each. We’ll take viewer questions via Facebook.
Wright Virtual Visits is a collaborative effort of all participating sites, jointly led by the Frank Lloyd Wright Building Conservancy, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, and the Unity Temple Restoration Foundation. It builds on the innovation of the original project (April-July 2020), while offering more in-depth information and interactivity. Even though many sites have reopened to in-person visits, Wright Virtual Visits will continue as a way for everyone, everywhere to explore and learn about the remarkable architectural legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright.
Check this page regularly for the upcoming schedule and to view archived videos after the live events conclude.
Upcoming Wright Virtual Visits
Watch this space for updates as future events are announced!
Past Wright Virtual Visits
April 15, 2021: Hosted by the Martin House (Buffalo, New York)
March 11, 2021: Hosted by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation at Taliesin (Spring Green, WI) & Taliesin West (Scottsdale, AZ)
November 12: Taliesin West (Scottsdale, Arizona) and Unity Temple (Oak Park, Illinois), a special edition as part of the Conservancy’s 2020 Virtual Conference, reflecting on six months of Wright Virtual Visits.
Information about and videos from the first phase of Wright Virtual Visits (April-July 2020) are archived on this page.
These sites have participated in Wright Virtual Visits:
- Beth Sholom Synagogue (Facebook)
- B. Harley Bradley House (Facebook)
- Dana-Thomas House State Historic Site (Facebook)
- Fallingwater (Facebook)
- Frank Lloyd Wright House in Ebsworth Park (Kraus House) (Facebook)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Allen House (Facebook)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Burnham Block (Facebook)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Martin House (Facebook)
- Graycliff (Facebook)
- Hollyhock House (Facebook)
- Laurent House (Facebook)
- Marin County Civic Center (Facebook)
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center (Facebook)
- Pope-Leighey House (Facebook)
- Samara, The John E. Christian House (Facebook)
- Taliesin Preservation (Facebook)
- Taliesin West (Facebook)
- The Gordon House (Facebook)
- The Guggenheim Museum (Facebook)
- The Lowell and Agnes Walter Estate at Cedar Rock (Facebook)
- The Willey House (Facebook)
- Unity Temple (Facebook)
- Weltzheimer/Johnson House (Facebook)
- Westcott House (Facebook)
Posted March 31, 2020